felt knuckles????

kam544@flash.net kam544@flash.net
Tue, 3 Oct 2000 19:49:20 -0500

>>Not only have I seen Steinway grands with white (hammer-type) felt
>knuckles; I've also come across a Steinway D with action centers bushed
>with white bushing cloth...Has
>anyone else seen this?...
>Yat-lam Hong

Behold, the string knot master  :-)   comes forth and contributes a pearl.

I haven't seen the white bushing cloth, Yat-lam, but will definitely be on
guard in the future to not confuse teflon bushings for this.

btw: I had the opportunity to tie string knots on both sides of the bass
bridge for the same string.  What a fun task!  Thanks for the December
1977, page 6-15 article.

Keith McGavern
Registered Piano Technician
Oklahoma Chapter 731