muffler felt for grands

Larry lbeach@sfu.ca
Tue, 24 Oct 2000 22:37:07 -0700

I'm sorry to bug you guys again about this, but I checked with Yamaha and
they don't produce a practice strip for grand pianos anymore, and I don't
see one in my catalogues.  To refresh your memories, the piano is a C3 in a
small apartment.  I don't think adding foam between the beams of the piano
will be enough, although I have done this to moderate the volume from
grands in small rooms.  The piano is already voiced quite soft for a Yamaha
so I really don't want to go any softer.  Any ideas before I start inventing?

Larry Beach, RPT
Vancouver, BC