Left pedal / center pin thingy

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Thu, 26 Oct 2000 00:57:05 +0000

My esteemed fellow fellows and fellas,

I tuned a Gratiae piano, made in North Korea.  They´re not as bad as you´d
think.
What I noticed is that throughout the piano there were center pins in butt
flanges migrating all over the place.

I know the owner quite well, and he uses the left pedal a lot.  I mean, he
literally stands on it.

What I was thinking is whether there is a chance that abnormal impact on
the butts from the jacks might result in a kind of nudging effect in
time.  He uses the piano a lot, I´ve tuned many of these pianos but haven´t
seen this problem in them before.
Maybe a slightly crooked jack could cause this.

So waddaya think?

Should I nuke them all?

Kristinn