Peterson strobe tuners

Tue, 31 Oct 2000 22:07:39 +0100

egzakto wrote:

> Hi Richard and thanks for the welcome.  My answer might be disappointing to
> you, but it's honest.  I know what I like and I like this tuner.  Background
> noises that I have no control over (eg. crying baby, barking dog, neighbor's
> lawnmower) are no longer a problem, since I can use manual selection and not
> have to worry about not being able to hear beats.  I know a couple of people
> who swear their hearing is every bit as good as my dog's, but I can't say the
> same for myself! (heh) I also like the stretch files and the fact that the
> machine is easy to use.
> If I ever try the Tune Lab or the RCT I'll be sure to let you know what I
> think of them.
> Barb

Certainly understand your comments about background noise and the like. And can
fully understand sticking to a tool (especially an expensive one) that is new and
helps you on your way. By all means.

I would encourage you tho to explore all ETDs as time and opportunity allow. My
own recent experience into this world has enriched my "tuning life" more then I
thought was possible, and it goes way beyond just being able to tune well.

Guess what I am saying is never stop thirsting for more learning, and ways to
learn. As for me... I wouldnt mind revisiting the Strobe approach (now in updated
technology I guess) myself. Would be interesting to make that comparison myself
really.

Good luck and keep posting to the list.

Regards

--