Broadwood question

ANRPiano@AOL.COM ANRPiano@AOL.COM
Fri, 1 Sep 2000 12:35:11 EDT

Ron,

I have had the pleasure of working on a few of these things.  It is amazing
how many 100+ year old Broadwoods you see here in middle America.

You probably have a single escapement action with the jack connected directly
to the key.  It will require a little different approach to regulate these
things.  If memory serves me correctly don't feel locked into a preconceived
notion of key height.  Find a key height which allows proper regulation and
go from there.  I think I found this to be a make or break step.

Good luck, I was pleased with the results I got each time I took the plunge,
just plan on a little learning curve and you should be fine.

Andrew Remillard