SAT users...

Jlovekeys@AOL.COM Jlovekeys@AOL.COM
Thu, 7 Sep 2000 00:41:01 EDT

      Hi Terry,    In comparing the results of computing with the SAT and
RCT, I have found that the default RCT stretch tends to (but not always) put
C8 a few (3-10) cents sharper than the SAT. Conversely, many times  RCT puts
A0 sharper than the SAT.   It is possible to sharpen the treble with the SAT
by raising the C stretch # of the SAT. I believe this was discussed in a past
issue of the Journal in a artlcle by Jim Coleman.  On both machines this
stretch can vary a lot depending on how clean sounding the sampled string is.
When in doubt you can check another string and average the two/ or throw out
the wilder of the samples.  Hope this helps.
Jim Love
PTG Associate
Midland, Tx.