A 440

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Fri, 08 Sep 2000 18:24:40 +0000

At 07:58 8.9.2000 -0400, you wrote:
>   I remember
>these are often growing families with limited resources.  We were there once
>ourselves.

I donīt seem to remember that particular part of my life. :)

>I *always* inform the piano of the possibility of breaking strings.  I also
>have an article on this subject in my latest newsletter.

How do you speak to a piano?
I can just picture this;  "Now Mrs. Ross, Iīm going to raise you up to
pitch, but some of the strings inside you might break.  Now rest assured, I
will fix that, but believe me, if your strings break, it will pain me even
more than it will you. <G>

>Now I know I might get flamed for this one, but my hunch is that most
>technicians on this list could not tell without an outside reference if a
>piano
>is 15 cents flat, if it is well in tune with itself.  It might also help to
>understand that I "float the pitch."  Comments?
>
>Regards,
>Clyde

And for a real comment, what is floating pitch?

Sincerely,

Kristinn