Plate Bushings

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Fri, 8 Sep 2000 22:12:20 -0500

> vowed to never buy another Crapsman anything ever again.  That was
> about 25 years ago and I've never regretted that decision.
>
> Regards,
>
> Del

I have had good luck with Craftsman tools.  Once (in the 80's) I bought a
rebuilt electric hand drill.  It had only a 30 day guarantee. Two days later
it sounded like the bearings were shot. I don't know if it was designed to
back tunning pins and plate screws out of piano but I took it back and the
sales person took a similar model off the shelf brand new and asked if that
would do. The store soon closed and now Sears is not the business it once
was.    But I did like their tools.  My dad has a Craftsman table saw,
joiner, band saw and drill press. These are from the 50's.  I believe his
belt sander is Craftsman.   From these I based my judgements  of power
tools.  Haven't seen anything better execpt commercial models or productions
units that cost $1000 more  ---ric