Roller Size, again

Jon Page jonpage@mediaone.net
Sun, 10 Sep 2000 17:31:09 -0400

At 09:53 PM 09/10/2000 +1000, you wrote:
Ron,
Thanks for reiterating on the lower friction effect from a smaller knuckle.
I should have gone into greater detail in my response but was pressed for time
and figured your statement would be remembered and just left it at 'lower
friction'.

I still have the shanks separated in regards to roller height and will get
someone on it tomorrow.
I would imagine there is a tolerance granted for sanity purposes. As this
is my first encounter
with close examination of this height.  I will maintain a 0.010 window (+/-
.005 from average height,
this set's average is .645; so .640 to .650, it might get tighter as the
work progresses). I included
the thickness of the shank assuming that the shanks are uniform because I
only have a thickness
gauge and not a height gauge. I'll check the shanks' thicknesses tomorrow.
Tolerance suggestions welcome.

It's always something . . .

Regards,
Jon Page,   piano technician