price raising

Clyde Hollinger cedel@supernet.com
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 22:43:54 -0400

Dave,

All I'm trying to say is that equal work should receive equal pay.  There really
are some decent old uprights out there, and I can't see that clients should be
charged extra to tune them just because they're old, if they can be done in the
same time as a newer piano.  I suspect no one is really doing this.

I understand now where Terry's coming from, and if anything, he might not be
charging enough.  But to keep pricing clear, in my opinion, that extra $10 (or
whatever) for repairs done should be listed as a separate item -- Repairs.  I
don't see how anyone could find fault with that.

Yes, I charge extra mileage for any place more than a 15-mile radius from my
home, and for every five miles farther, the rate is higher.  I know in some
sparsely populated areas piano technicians may be few and far between, but where
I live I would recommend a piano owner 65 miles away call someone in their own
area.  My additional mileage charge for that distance will be too salty for most
people.

Regards,
Clyde Hollinger, RPT