"Hacked-up" trap-work

Robert Goodale rrg@nevada.edu
Wed, 13 Sep 2000 11:35:39 -0700

Robert Scott wrote:

> The trap-work on this old Henry F. Miller grand looks like it has been
> replaced by some junkbox parts from other pianos and I don't think it
> is working very well.  The piano is not worth restoring to factory
> original condition, but I would like to at least stop the squeaks in
> the pedal and improve the function if not the looks of the damper pedal.

Alan and I install a LOT of PianoDisc systems.  As typical with an install
you scrap all of the original trap work, (except for the shift lever
casting), and replace it with the specialized parts for the Player system.
We now have an impressive collection of trap work levers, braces, flanges,
guide pins, springs, etc.  They are from a variety of different pianos.  If
it helps tell me what you need and I'll see if I can set you up with a
completely new system.

Rob Goodale, RPT
Las Vegas, NV