pianos in freezing temps.

Richard Moody remoody@midstatesd.net
Thu, 14 Sep 2000 08:59:18 -0500

I have 20 pianos in various out (unheated) buildings that have spent 3 to 10
years in mid west winters of at least 10 below on occasions.  Have never
seen what you describe. Perhaps what happened is the piano was wet as in a
flood or leaky roof.   Or spent the winter outside.   I do have three hulks
exposed to the elements and they display the symptoms you mention.
.  ---ric Platte (south central) South Dakota

> Hello! I was called out once to evaluate a grand that hand been brought
out
> here from back East, and was told that the piano had spent a winter in an
> unheated building.  The wood in the action all had an ugly gray surface,
But the >The main beams when viewed from the bottom had major splits running
from one >end to the other