Cleaning Up Contact Cement

Joe & Penny Goss imatunr@primenet.com
Sat, 16 Sep 2000 21:24:06 -0600

Susan,
I think that the industral strength type is used to clean up the contact
glue that is used in floor tile.
Any way the custodian at my school used the citrus stuff to clean up the
hardened contact glue on a director's chair that has a step that had a
rubber mat that had come loose .He applied the solvent and used a puddy
knife to scrape the glur off. Some elbow grease was necessary but it was far
easier than the other solvents mentioned so far.
After a day drying he applied contacr cement and re attached the rubber mat.
That was two years ago and the mat is still firmly attached.
It looked like the mat had shrunk and pulled itself loose from the original
glue.
Joe Goss
Thanks Susan