Piano Tuning And Ergonomics

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Wed, 20 Sep 2000 16:50:47 EDT

 PhilBondi.com writes:

<< I am unfamiliar with Yoga..I have thought that going

back to my stretching may help this problem without seek more Western

medical advice>>

    Yoga that stretches you by trying to attain poses not only stretches the
muscles and tendons, but also the nerves that reside in them.  Elasticity of
the nerves and the fibers around them seems to be a barometer of how much
numbness I experience.  After a steady week of yoga excercises every day,  I
have all my problems cured. The hard part is staying with it on a continual
basis!

>>I'll let you know how this turns out..I

honestly feel this is treatable in the near future. >>

  It should be said that carpal tunnel syndrome, tendonitis, RSI etc.  tend
to be threshold defined problems.  Once the threshold is passed and you have
an entrapment problem, even after you "cure" it, there is an increased
susceptibility to it recurring.  As my orthopod told me, "we can fix the
damage, but if you go back to making cookies exactly the same way, it will
return".
   Avoiding the moves that irritate is the first step,  ie. the ergonomics.
Conditioning the body to accept the abuse without protest is the other half.
Good luck,
Ed