Rebush Damper Guide Rail

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sat, 23 Sep 2000 08:15:17 -0400

Square Grand. Anyone out there ever rebush the damper guide holes in a
square grand? You know, the nice ones that go through the plate, through the
pinblock, through supporting frames, through thick and thin, through the
loop and back, and through other stuff I'm sure? I don't think anyone even
knows quite for sure what is down there. Anyone ever do it? Anyone ever seen
it done? Anyone care to venture a guess as to how one would go about it?
Thanks!

I've got to go tune a square today that has intermittent sticky dampers. I'm
to the point where I am just going to bring a drill with a 1/4" bit and fix
any sticky ones (when the owner is not looking! ;-). I have tried reaming
with smooth rods and protek - both help - for a while.

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com