Rebush Damper Guide Rail

Roger Jolly baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Sun, 24 Sep 2000 16:02:07 -0600

>I've got to go tune a square today that has intermittent sticky dampers. I'm
>to the point where I am just going to bring a drill with a 1/4" bit and fix
>any sticky ones (when the owner is not looking! ;-). I have tried reaming
>with smooth rods and protek - both help - for a while.
>
>Hi Terry,
                Two fixes come to mind. 1. heat the end of the damper wire
with a Bic Lighter then burnish the bushing with the hot wire.  2. Wet the
bushing with 50% alcohol and water, install an over sized bridge pin in the
bushing over night. It will size the bushing about 002" oversize.
Regards Roger

Roger Jolly
Saskatoon, Canada.
306-665-0213