Steinway bushings - verdigris

Henry Kopek all4tuning@worldnet.att.net
Thu, 28 Sep 2000 23:12:58 -0700

Had excellent results in freeing up a very sluggish action by heating =
the hammer flange pins with a soldering iron. My question to those who =
have done this: How long can this freed-up condition be expected to =
last?
The owner plans to have this 81 year old S&S rebuilt in 3-4 years, so is =
hoping to keep it going til then. My inspiration for the heat remedy =
came from postings some time ago on this most informative list. Thanks & =
regards,  Henry Kopek, RPT Chicago Chapter