Player parts catalog

Berley A. Firmin II Firman1@prodigy.net
Mon, 1 Jan 2001 08:05:58 -0600

Player Piano Company out of Kansas has been the old standby for a very long
time. They have gotten a bad rap as of late for selling old or low-quality
items, but they are the  only source for some items.
    The best pneumatic cloth, hoses and tubing come from Schaff.....just
make sure the cloth is the Australian. Leather should be ordered from
Marilyn at Leather Supply House. Cut or punch all your own valve facings and
pouches...any of the ones at Player Piano Co. are suspect. Test, test, and
re-test all your leather for air-tightness and pin-holes.
    Many parts and some newly manufactured ones are available from other
restorers who keep old stacks and like me, have had to make their own
replacements.
    I would suggest The Orchestrion Builders Manual, by Craig Brougher, as a
fine guide to leather, glue and testing techniques.
    Bench test each component.
    BAF II
Bayou La Combe, Louisiana