DC stuff

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Tue, 2 Jan 2001 09:42:17 EST

Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no (Richard Brekne)1 writes:

> Three rooms had had the panel ovens turned off so the rooms were
> quite cold. In these rooms the DC units had used nearly no water
> in the ten days since I had been there last. Most of the other
> units used about 2 liters of water in that ten day stretch. 2
> pianos used nearly 4 liters of water. These last two were in
> rooms where the heaters had been turned waaaayyy up and the

This obviously shows that the units were working.  In the unheated room, the
humidity went up as the temperature went down so the dehumidifiers were on
most of the time.  In the over heated rooms, the humidifiers were working
nearly all the time to try to keep up with the overly dried out air.

I'm glad to see that you are able to get these going in an institutional
setting.  In most public places, it doesn't take long for these systems to be
forgotten about, neglected and ignored but the complaints about pianos not
staying in tune persist.  I'll bet you have to really check on things often
to make sure they are plugged in and watered.  The users and other
maintenance people don't often care or keep it in mind enough to give the
systems a fighting chance.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin