a black mark on our trade

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Thu, 4 Jan 2001 07:34:39 EST

Greetings,
   While fitting a pinblock I, (like Page and others) fit the flange and
top(webbing) side of the block as a unit.  I have tried several mixtures of
indicators to let me know where the high spots are,(blue chalk,  graphite
grease, Prussian blue mixed with aniline dye, etc.)
    The chalk is not quite as easy to see, the petro-based lubes require a
LOT of cleaning from the underside, et.
    What are some of the preferred indicator materials in use by list
members?
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT