a black mark on our trade

Newton Hunt nhunt@jagat.com
Thu, 04 Jan 2001 10:54:08 -0500

Hi All,

I use blue carpenters chalk but the red would work just as
well.

I have an oil made from the leaves of a tree in Japan the
woodworkers use to coat their tools to prevent corrosion.
It does not damage wood, tools, plate or block.

I mix chalk and the oil together until I get a nice "paint"
consistency.  I use a sponge paint brush to brush the
mixture onto the plate.  I also use a air grinder and a 40
grit sanding disk to take the chalk off the block.  No elbow
grease and the fit can be as good as you want.  That 40 grit
eats wood for breakfast!!
--
		Newton Hunt
		Highland Park, NJ