Was it something I said?

Thu, 04 Jan 2001 21:42:51 +0100

Jon Page wrote:

> If you don't want to have screws in the sound board then I have a system to
> reglue the ribs to the board without them.   I can send image files.
>
> I would not worry about the actual cracks themselves. They will tighten up
> once back in the customer's home. I am leaning towards not shimming as I
> have seen them crack themselves years down the road. I now perfer to use
> epoxy to fill the void if necessary. Epoxy fills I have done twenty years ago
> are still good while shims have cracked.

I have to aggree with this. I used epoxy for years, and got talked into learning
how to shim.. not a bad skill I guess,,, but epoxy definatly preforms better in
the long run.. How it looks is a matter of taste to some degree... You can
actually colour the epoxy somewhat...if thats important to you. Anyways... I am
back using epoxy.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.