heart stopper

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 12:05:11 +0100

Wim Wrote:

My customer was extremely grateful, but not enough to offer to pay me for my
service. She's a nice lady, and I have tuned her pianos for 20 years. I''ll
let this one go. It was worth it.

Willem

Why didnt she pay for your sevice ? Were you in any way connected with the
movers ?

Then Diane Hofstetter wrote:

> It happened immediately after trying some new procedures on it with a
> visiting tech and Murray kept insisting "It's his fault!  We never had that
> problem before."
>
> Lo and behold!  A small, round thingee
> wedged between the plate and the soundboard in the high treble where it
> could barely be seen with a flashlight and mirror.  When it was humid, it
> was tight, when the board dried out, it buzzed.  Even after I found it, it
> took a long time to get it out.  It was the knob from a microphone.  Now
> it's my trophy :-)

Grin.... so who's "fault" was it then ?