Electric piano

Sat, 06 Jan 2001 07:26:45 -0600

The condensed thread...
>Billbrpt@AOL.COM wrote:
>>In a message dated 1/5/01 6:53:51 PM Central Standard Time,
>>hgreeley@stanford.edu (Horace Greeley) writes:
>>
>>>  "Tuning a Kimball is like trying to nail Jello to a wall" -
>>
>>of Kimball 42" Consoles and have no trouble at all doing so.'
>>
>>It takes only the most basic set of skills, common sense and common
>>knowledge.
>>
>>Bill Bremmer RPT

Basic set of skills???  Helloooooo...

Maybe you were building them around 1980, and those basic skills you speak
of got them out the door and onto the semi, but people like me who were
doing warranty tunings/work on them at that time have a slightly different
weltanschung (sp?)...

I distinctly recall a large number of these bottom-line-oriented objects
whose tuning pins were barely driven into the block.  Even in my rookness,
I felt that there should be a _little_ downbearing at the v-bar.  The
strings came off the pins so far from the block/plate that it defined the
term "flagpoling" for me.

Basic skills, well yes, I had them at the time.   I have to thank Kimball
and other makers of consumer oriented keyboards for affording me the
opportunity to deal with worst case scenarii and upgrade my skills

Conrad Hoffsommer - Decorah, Ia.  mailto:hoffsoco@luther.edu
then used against you.