Capstans

John Musselwhite john@musselwhite.com
Sat, 06 Jan 2001 16:07:12 -0700

At 11:40 PM 1/6/2001 +0100, Richard B. wrote:

>What is your prefered method of temp fixing loose capstans on a
>quality instrument that you know for certain you are going to fix
>up nicely in a few months ??

Cut some elongated triangular pieces of thin leather and stick them pointed
end down in each hole, leaving enough to grab so the leather doesn't just
get pushed in the hole. Replace the capstan and cut off the extra leather
sticking out.

 >Thanks for your help... once again my freinds.

You're welcome. Good luck!

                         John

John Musselwhite, RPT    -     Calgary, Alberta Canada
http://www.musselwhite.com  http://canadianpianopage.com/calgary
email: john@musselwhite.com    http://www.mp3.com/fatbottom