quick bushing fix

Wimblees@AOL.COM Wimblees@AOL.COM
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 22:10:00 EST

gnewell@ameritech.net writes:

<< Willem,
     No, not from experience. Am I understanding right that you rebuilt the
 flange hole without felt but with CA ? If so I'm thinking that the pin
against
 the CA will eventually squeak.

 Greg

I am not sure it will. Even if it did squeak, the motion is so small, and the
pin is so small, that the squeak would almost be unheard, except for maybe a
very soft blow. But that is if there is going to be squeak. CA glue does have
a little give to it, which might be enough of a lubricant to prevent the
squeaking. But I don't know this for sure. So maybe you are right. I'll let
you know.

Anyone else out there with a similar experience, especially when it comes to
CA glues and squeaking parts?

Willem