Puzzler???

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 22:50:40 -0600

>Kohler? Tom Driscoll
>
>> It's a spinet, belonging to a piano teacher. The low tenor sounds like
>> something somewhere between a dobro and a cigar box banjo.
>> None of this so far differentiates this from any other
>> poor misbegotten pianoid wraith, but it boasted (?) the claim to
>> "Ori-Coustic" tone on the fallboard.
>>
>> What is it? (besides that) And what the heck is an Ori-Coustic?
>>
>> Ron N

No more bites, so I'll tell. It's a Starck. The piano itself is among the
usual suspects as far as type, tone, tunability, and overall quality, but I
had never run across the "Ori-Coustic" fallboard tone enhancer before. Any
language geeks out there who can make a plausible stab at derivation?
Coustic is pretty obvious, but...

Ron N