Teaching.

Phil Bondi tito@PhilBondi.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 04:42:50 -0500

Richard, I agree with Newton..I hear what you're saying, and I agree that
what and how you're saying it makes sense....but you know what?

It is my opinion that it doesn't.

You can review 'tendencies' by going through aural checks..it teaches you to
hear where you went wrong and how to improve upon it the next time you do a
particular excersize..using a ETD will not teach a person how to listen for
his or her mistake..or, for that matter, it will not teach him or her what
to listen to when it's 'correct'.

In your last post you mention using a ETD to check stability..it is my
opinion that stability is the result of good hammer technique, and being
able to set a string and a pin. Stability is a result, not a 'practice'.

These are the opinions and experiences of

roo(k)