Journal on CD

Carol Beigel carolrpt@hotmail.com
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 22:05:13 -0500

The new Journal CD is really a collection of 4 CDs that include all the
monthly issues of the Piano Technicians Journal 1979 through 1999.  It is
selling for $35 to PTG members, and the older Reprint Kit is selling for $15
(?).  You still want the older reprint kit CD because it contains some
articles that are older than 1979.

Instead of searching through boxes of old Journals, you can now copy all 4
CDs to your hard drive, about 3M, and have ALL the articles instantly
available and searchable.  The key will be to build a universal index of all
4 CDs on your hard drive, so you will need to follow the instructions.

  We have the likes of Dean Reyburn and his Cybertuner company to thank for
picking up the tab for a major share of the production costs, as well as
some of the other advertisers like Inventronics, Randy Potter, Mitch Kiel,
Renner and Young Chang, to be able to make this available at this price.

The reprint CD was produced in Adobe Acrobat 3.0 and the photographs were
not scanned in a high enough resolution to print well. The new Journal CDs
were produced using Adobe Acrobat 4.02 and look and print sharper.  They
will work on may platforms, i.e. PC, Mac, Unix, etc.

Just remember to follow the instructions, and know the difference between
"search" and "find"!!!

Carol Beigel, RPT