Gluing wippen

Kristinn Leifsson istuner@islandia.is
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 12:04:45 +0000

Hi,

I´m trying to fix a broken wippen from a Wagner upright.
The problem is that there is no jack flange, but the center pin goes
through a hole in the wippen "proper", so I hesitate to find a replacement
instead of fixing it, since this is not very common in pianos around here.
It´s been glued before, but it broke again.  However I don´t think it was
glued well enough so I´d like to try it myself (the pieces fit pretty well
together)

What interesting methods might be hidden there inside your brains?
Wasn´t it Susan Kline that had something involving two types of glue.
Could you explain thoroughly which glues ya´ll have in mind, seeing as
trademarks are variable?

Thanks,

Kristinn