Yamaha C7 Pinblock Fit

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 08:37:14 -0600

>Jim,
>
>Make a suggestion as to what other cause there might be.  My friend is a
>competent RPT and I don't doubt his evaluation.  Perhaps, though, you
>could shed some light on the matter, since you seem to be so
>knowledgeable about Yamaha construction techniques?  What other problems
>have you run into that caused tuning instability.  My friend said it took
>him 20 minutes to set one unison.  How's that for instability?
>
>Todd

Hi Tod,
So far we haven't heard any real information at all about the details of
the symptoms, so shooting in the dark with suggestions probably won't bee
all that useful. How about some specifics? I see you mentioned that the
pins weren't loose in the block. Why assume the block needs replaced then?
Are the strings rendering easily through the bearing points? What happens
when the pitch of a string is raised, and it's hit a hard blow? Does it
move (render through the bridge)? What were the immediate symptoms, in
detail, that kept your friend at one unison for 20 minutes. I don't see how
that could possibly be a pinblock fit problem. So how about some more
information?

Ron N