Who needs piano technicians? Duffer?

Barrie Heaton Piano@a440.co.uk
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 21:59:05 +0000

In article <F179tIzmQVuRWCy7rjc00005651@hotmail.com>, Carol Beigel
<carolrpt@hotmail.com> writes

>I will also further my foot down my throat and say that I have never met a non-guild
>piano technician who did not become a better technician by joining the PTG.
>
>Carol Beigel, RPT
>Greenbelt, Maryland

There are many fine tuners out there who do not wish to be part of the
establishment you just have not met them yet! However, there are many
good tuners who could be better tuners,   who will never join because of
the "we are holy than thou attitude" pontificated by the few in
professional orgs around the world.

I would say for every member of the piano tuning profession who is a
member of an org,  there are 4 who are not.

Barrie,

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/
AcryliKey Ivory Repair System UK ©              http://www.acrylikey.co.uk/