Yamaha C7 Pinblock Fit

Todd L. Mapes mapes_piano@worldnet.att.net
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 16:04:46 -0600

Jim,

Thanks for the list of things to examine.  I'll pass it on.  I didn't
get to do any "touchy feely" on the piano, just heard the problem from
my friend in his request to ask you guys for help, so I can't comment on
rendering or anything like that.  He did say the pins felt good.  I was
under the impression that what took the unison so long to tune was that
all three strings kept moving on him and every time he'd get one side in
tune with the center, the other side would already be way out, and as he
went up the piano, the whole thing was moving around on him.  Mind you,
he's got enough experience (25 yrs) to understand pitch raising and so
I'm sure he wasn't referring to pitch drop due to large swings in
pitch.  Sorry for the wild goose chase.  I'll pass on your top ten list
to my buddy and see if he can pinpoint any other problems.

Todd