Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Fri, 12 Jan 2001 18:00:23 -0600

>Hmmm  that 6th sounds like a breezy summer day in the park. I like it. Hey
>...what are those beats I hear. Are they "natural'? or are they the kind
>that come from coincidental partials that my tuner once mentioned?  I know
>these are facetious ideas but there is serious intent behind them.    That's
>my opinion. Tell me what you think?
>
>Howard S. Rosen, RPT

Howard, Keith, Bob, any and all,
I've been to Virgil's classes and listened to him tune. There's no
mysticism or concepts beyond those not following the seven paths to
enlightenment and strawberry yogurt. He's hearing and tuning the very same
stuff any other aural tuner hears and tunes. He just happens to be real
good at it. For a good comprehensive clarification, I recommend reading Jim
Ellis' article "The Origin of Beats" in the January 2000 Journal - now
available on CD at a store near you.

Ron N