Who needs piano technicians? Duffer?

Sat, 13 Jan 2001 09:52:21 +0100

Barrie Heaton wrote:

> In article <F179tIzmQVuRWCy7rjc00005651@hotmail.com>, Carol Beigel
> <carolrpt@hotmail.com> writes
> >
> >I will also further my foot down my throat and say that I have never met a non-guild
> >piano technician who did not become a better technician by joining the PTG.
> >
> >Carol Beigel, RPT
> >Greenbelt, Maryland
>
> There are many fine tuners out there who do not wish to be part of the
> establishment you just have not met them yet! However, there are many
> good tuners who could be better tuners,   who will never join because of
> the "we are holy than thou attitude" pontificated by the few in
> professional orgs around the world.

Why is it every time somebody points out the fact that there are indeed a significant
number of jackasses out there who are doing nothing more the ripping peoples money off in
an out and out fraudulant manner impersonating a professional... in this case
pianotuner..... that somebody else starts beating on this "holier then thou attidude"
drum.

We all KNOW that there are many good techs who are not members of organizations, and that
many of these hesitate because of a variaty of reasons. That is a different fact...and is
well pointed out useing different grammer.

To state that for "every member of the PTG there is at least one duffer" is a statement
that is either true or not in itself... it has absolutely nothing to do with anything
else, and it is after my mind unfair and a bit rude to "read into" the ladies words that
she has a holier then thou attitude... or any other attitude for that matter with out
lots of clarification..

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.