Who needs piano technicians? Duffer?

Barrie Heaton Piano@a440.co.uk
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 12:54:29 +0000

In article <3A601745.2D46C6A1@grieg.uib.no>, Richard Brekne
<Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no> writes

>We all KNOW that there are many good techs who are not members of
>organizations, and that
>many of these hesitate because of a variaty of reasons. That is a different fact...and
>is
>well pointed out useing different grammer.
>
>To state that for "every member of the PTG there is at least one duffer" is a
>statement
>that is either true or not in itself... it has absolutely nothing to do with anything
>else, and it is after my mind unfair and a bit rude to "read into" the ladies words that
>she has a holier then thou attitude... or any other attitude for that matter with out
>lots of clarification..

Please read again Richard it was not directed at Carol or the PTG it was
at piano tuning organisation world wide, who all seem to have one thing
in common, members who think they are superior just because they are
members, this is not an off the cuff remark this is an observation of
taking to many tuners and it the last 5 years by  email to many tuners
from round the world, quite a few in the US who are not members of any
org.   Like I said there will be those  who just don't want to be part
of it, and those who cringe at the attitude of the few.

Regards

Barrie Heaton  M.A.B.P.T, F.I.M.I.T.,  M.M.P.T.A., (USA)

--
Barrie Heaton      PGP key on request           http://www.a440.co.uk/
AcryliKey Ivory Repair System UK ©              http://www.acrylikey.co.uk/