source for maroon felt?

Billbrpt@AOL.COM Billbrpt@AOL.COM
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 10:30:47 EST

In a message dated 1/13/01 9:18:57 AM Central Standard Time,
john@musselwhite.com (John Musselwhite) writes:

> I've never done this, but could you not just take some standard red
> felt/string cloth/whatever and dye it?

I had the same idea.  I know of someone who used to use rit dye to change the
hue of the red felt.  It would seem to me that you could change red felt to
maroon by using some shade of blue.  A box of rit dye doesn't cost much.  You
could experiment with some scap pieces of felt.  You'd have to let it dry and
iron it before using it.

Bill Bremmer RPT
Madison, Wisconsin