source for maroon felt?

A440A@AOL.COM A440A@AOL.COM
Sat, 13 Jan 2001 10:39:44 EST

 Billbrpt writes:
<< It would seem to me that you could change red felt to
maroon by using some shade of blue.  A box of rit dye doesn't cost much.>>

Greetings,
    I did this on my first Steinway rebuild. It had to be a white piano,(the
original case was bookmatched burl walnut, but had been refinished to a
white without any primer/clear coat.  When stripped, it was dotted with white
in all the pores!  A disgrace, but what could I do.? The new buyer wanted a
white piano, also. )
    The felt needed to be green so I dyed it with RIT.  John Musselwhite?
That is Ray Griff's piano.  How is the color holding up?
Regards,
Ed Foote RPT