Who needs piano technicians? Duffer?

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 03:25:09 +0100

Barrie Heaton wrote:

> In article <3A606BA6.C4ADA19F@grieg.uib.no>, Richard Brekne
> <Richard.Brekne@grieg.uib.no> writes
> >
> >Yes...Barrie... I know this... exactly what I said... we ALL know this.. but hey... thats
> >different subject matter then the one she brought up. I mean... I aggree with your
> >paragraph... it just doesnt have anything at all to do with what she her posting was
> >about.
>
> Yes it does

Er... noooooo it does not... because

> just because some one becomes member does not make them a
> better tech,  unless they take part in what is on offer, have 100% of
> the PTG members taken a class of some sort.

.....this doesnt have anything to do with that her statement either.... Jimminees Barry... all
she said is that for every member of the PTG... there are  at least one duffers... which she
went on to clarify (after being asked to) in a fashion which doesnt quite fit your area of
criticism...

> So unless you educate the
> not so educated tuner they will make mistakes,  calling them duffers
> because they are not member or emptying that  if you don't join you will
> never became a better tech or it's your duty to become a member if you
> are a tech of any standing.

She did neither of these things.

> Only sends out the wrong messages to Techs
> who have not had the befit of good training and could benefit from  the
> education in taking part in classes.  Education should be open to all
> member or not this list is a fine example.

Over sensitivity two the problem you rightly point out (even tho the context is wrong) helps
nothing either Barry. I say again... being aware of one problem area does not mean that one
should blind oneself to another.

In any case... I find this particular lady innocent of all such charges. At least until I know
better her meaning.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.