Results are In! Re: moisture in wool or wood.

Sun, 14 Jan 2001 09:56:28 -0500

On Sat, 13 Jan 2001 23:51:53 -0500 "Farrell" <mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com>
writes:

>  if wood cells are expanding in one direction, it is likely that they
> will be expanding in other directions - although perhaps at much
different
> rates. But, yes, I do not know if the hole may have gotten larger in
one
> direction. >
> Terry Farrell
> Piano Tuning & Service
> Tampa, Florida
> mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com

Ron - this certainly MAY be true, but I sure can't fathom why.  I would
think that the narrowest part of a diameter would have EVERYTHING to do
with how well a round pin fit in a bushing.  Are you implying that there
is sufficient 'give' in the bushing to allow for no impingement on the
pin when the wood is 'pushing down' on it, even if only from two,
parallel sides?

Explain to me the errors of my ways!

Mark Potter
bases-loaded@juno.com