Water-Base Laquer Rub Out Schedule

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:36:03 -0500

Hello Mark Potter, or anyone else that uses the Oxford Premium Spray
Lacquer. How long after the last coat do you wait to sand and then rub out.
What sanding/rubbing/polishing schedule do you follow after all spraying is
complete. I just finished putting my final coats on a number of test panels
today and all appears real nice. I'm anxious to rub it out. Left unguided, I
will wait until next weekend. Figure one week?

I made a rolling 5' tall vertical stand with several flood lights and a
couple fluorescent fixtures with full spectrum bulbs. Now I can see what I
am spraying!!! On my previous attempts I felt like I was spraying blind. I
was. Not now! Good lighting perpendicular to my spray surface seems to have
made all the difference. Rubbing out will tell me for sure!

Terry Farrell
Piano Tuning & Service
Tampa, Florida
mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com