Piano Warrenty/False Beats

JIMRPT@AOL.COM JIMRPT@AOL.COM
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 20:53:38 EST

Brian;
 You and Terry are wrong to worry about these so called "false beats". They
in fact are 'unadvertised features' of the Boston Piano and as such they
serve to expand the audible range of various notes and also as an automatic
well tempering device of sorts. :-)
 As for recapping the bridge to get rid of the beats..forget it, Boston won't
pay for it and neither will S&S. Course I 'could' be wrong here but history
says not.  The solutions which come to mind are 1.) driving the pins in
further...if they are long enough.......or using your favorite of CA or epoxy
in the holes. I think I would go with tapping the thingees in and placing a
dab of thin CA in the process.
My view.
Jim Bryant (FL)