Piano Warrenty/False Beats

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:06:23 +0100

Farrell wrote:

> >> What wattages of rods are being used? Is it a complete install?
>
> 120 watts. Humidistat (regular calibration - turn on & off around 65% RH).
> No humidifier.
>
> The DC system will only help to minimize shrinking & swelling of the bridge
> & cap. I don't think the DC system caused any problem. I think it is a
> materials and/or workmanship defect.

Sounds to me like you found the culprit. Incomplete install allows for the
climate to become to dry... airconditioning will more then likely contribute to
dry air....

natural results of a dry air situation for a bridge.  Boston will not pay for
this unless you can show clearly its a manufacturing
mis-type-malfunctionary-problem.  And I dont think you can.

Get her to install a complete DC system, CA treat the bridge pins and chalk it
up to the Giffer.

--
Richard Brekne
RPT, N.P.T.F.