Damper Head Refinishing

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 00:56:17 -0800

Hi Terry
We do this often.When the paint is coming off they can,t be ignored cuz ther
sooo ugly.So far what we,ve done is sand them with fine paper to smooth
things out .Takes bout an hr. sorry.I think original substance was shellac
or varnish.I suggest a coat of sanding sealer first ,this helps seal up the
ends which always seem to resist taking in the finish.Then we spray black
laq. (yes a spray gun) but you could use spray can laq. or enamel . I don,t
like enamel but have used it.Oh, two coats laq. should do and sometimes one
will do.Let dry a day then rub with steel wool, yes it takes bout an
hr.Please you all feel free to share any quicker methods cuz its a little
tedius but they do look nice when done.Best Dale Erwin