Piano Warrenty/False Beats

Mon, 15 Jan 2001 09:33:04 -0800

----- Original Message -----
From: "jolly roger" <baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca>
To: <pianotech@ptg.org>
Sent: January 15, 2001 7:27 AM
Subject: Re: Re: Piano Warrenty/False Beats

> DC systems do a great job of stabalizing the board and rim
> structure.  I don't think they make any difference to the bridge and
> action.  The moisture is concentrated only at the bottom of the board. We
> have installed them on all of our University grands, and gained some
> improvement in tuning stability, but no improvement in other areas.
Hammers
> still go mellow in the spring.

This has been my experience as well. Back when I was servicing pianos out on
the coast, it was not unusual to find pianos with well-protected (D-C's)
soundboards that still had rusty and/or cooroded strings and tuning pins.

> Vertical installation is another story, they
> are very effective.

Yes. But here the D-C and the majority of the piano's workings are together
inside that nice, closed box.

Del