Climate Control Promotion

Ron Nossaman RNossaman@KSCABLE.com
Mon, 15 Jan 2001 22:39:43 -0600

>"what's this about loose bridge pins. Do they not come in larger (or longer)
>sizes?"
>
>Yeah, but I hear too much convincing arguement for not using larger bridge
>pin sizes. And, if there are cracks developing in the bridge cap, this would
>only tend to make the crack get bigger.

IF you have sufficient room between pins to go to a larger size without
running yourself out of room for the strings, and IF you don't already have
too much string stagger offset angle across the bridge, and IF you don't
already have cracks around the existing pins, and IF you may feel the
original pins were too small in the first place, and IF you drill out the
holes to the appropriate diameter for the replacements, then by all means -
go with the bigger pins. Since the original pins got loose enough after the
factory installation to cause false beats, it would be reasonable to assume
the oversize replacements will too in time, and for the same reason. Net
result is nothing gained. The path of least resistance and maximum
potential survivability is just to epoxy or CA the existing pins (as
personal conviction dictates (my personal conviction says CA is OK, epoxy
no doubt, strings off)) and press on - after doing the notify Boston thing.

Ron N