Renner hammers vs domestic

David Love davidlovepianos@hotmail.com
Tue, 16 Jan 2001 04:52:58 -0000

Renner hammers on fine on the right pianos.  Do not, however, harden them
with lacquer, key top, plexiglass, or any other chemicals.  It is a sure way
to ruin them.  They are plenty bright on their own and respond to light
filing if they are not bright enough.  I have used them successfully on
older Hamburg Steinways, Bechsteins, Mason Hamlins, and other odds and ends.
  They are not for every piano.  I always try samples before changing
hammers unless I am sure beforehand.

David Love