Soundboard panels Thanks Willis

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 08:10:12 -0800

Dear Mr, Snyders
I certainly am greatful for the few soundboard panel makers we have =
left.I was greatly impressed by Debby,s refreshing attitude ,knowledge =
and communication skiils.Coupled with her personal passion to create " =
High quality boards and "the finished product being a work of art" =
blessed me .The fact that I sent back two with defects although =
ineffiecent was not cause for me to not use them in the future.
What would be the min. or max. acceptable width of individual pieces in =
any given soundbd. for your purposes and in your opinion. I have seen a =
Swy. D this year with pieces 6 inches wide or more and many in the 5 =
Inch range. The board survived without Major amounts of cracking( being =
a 1912ish)
You may already know that Deby says that N.H. is looking into a larger =
Panel sander/planer which would enable them to make a wider panel.If =
true this would allow us to order panel with less concern about which =
model a specific boards is cut for or if there are errors in the grain =
angle a wider board can be turned to match the original thus avoiding =
wasted time or sending the panel back.
    One last word .Many years ago you both shared in a class that to be =
long term in our business we should aim for the high end .I was =
listening and That  made a huge diffence in my financial as well my =
personel well being and job satisfaction. Good advice then still in =
effect.  The best    =20
Dale Erwin