Damper Head Refinishing

Erwinpiano Erwinpiano@email.msn.com
Wed, 17 Jan 2001 18:53:41 -0800

Hi Paul
I realize my last post was a little incomplete.After prepping I place all
the dampers in a rack and space them just enough so that they do not stick
together .It doesnt cause me any great concern that some amount of  black
laq. coats the side and it isnt that muc.The sides were black to begin with
right. If the prep is done well one good coat will often be enough.Most of
the problems I have is when I dont get the end grain on the ends of the
dampers sealed thoroughly.Laq. sealer or brush or sprayed on shellac helps
alot .As with in finish job the better the prep the better final coats and
rubout Best Dale Erwin