Bzzzing Dampers

jolly roger baldyam@sk.sympatico.ca
Thu, 18 Jan 2001 18:42:40 -0600

Kent and Marcel,
                           I think the pair that I have cam from Japan, so
I think it may be the same source Marcel, Ron got them for me $220Cnd. so
you got a deal. No wonder Yamaha Canada is profitable.<G>  They are worth
their weight in gold, use them at least twice a month, a set of under
levers takes about 20min for all leads with a little practice.
Kent, where the lead is starting to walk out, just squeeze back with
parallel pliers then crimp with the other pliers. about the same time as it
took me to type this sentence.
If you go looking for the problem, you will find it on far more pianos than
you would have thought. In our dry climate it is very common, and makes a
big difference in overall sound of the instrument.
Kent you are right, it is a very neglected problem that is rarely
rectified. I share the same experiences as your self.
Regards Roger